If you're not just looking for a job, but for a calling, South Rock might be the place for you! Check out our open positions below.
Child Care Coordinator
Part-time position open immediately, 6 hours per week. Must be a South Rock Attendee.
Application due no later than June 30th.
Primary job functions for this ministry role includes:
- Coordinate and lead childcare arrangements for church wide events.
- Designate registration expectations and communications
- Recruit and place and communicate with workers (youth and adult)
- Asign children to classrooms, create name tags as needed
- Follow up with concerns and questions from workers and families
- Complete documentation requirements for workers to receive payment
- Collaborate with ministry leaders to prepare childcare plans for various recurring and specific events.
- Examples, but not limited to:
- Daytime - Morning Bible Study, Thursday AM Bible Study, Salt and Light, Chosen
- Small Groups (Afternoon/Evening Needs) - Sunday, Monday, and Wednesday
- Additional As Needed: Discovering SRCC, Financial Peace University, Rooted, Annual Memorial Service, Funerals, Volunteer Trainings, various extra events
- Childcare worker scheduling, communication and management
- Family communications as needed
- Assist with organizing and maintaining Kids Wing usage
- Involved with Kids Ministry leadership team (may assist in planning various kids events and playgroups for nursery/preschool families throughout the year, just as a bridge to relationships with families and childcare workers, may not be required based on part time hours allowed).
Little Kids Rock is a ministry of South Rock Christian Church serving children 3 months of age to 5 years of age. While in our care, your children will be provided with a loving Christian environment that encourages them to develop physically, socially, emotionally and spiritually while participating in age appropriate activities. It is our prayer to create a fun learning environment for your little ones to learn about God’s love for them and to develop some of their earliest social relationships.
Summary of Duties and Expectations:
Both the lead teacher and assistant will be responsible to provide a safe, healthy, and loving environment for all children enrolled in Little Kids Rock. They will need to be able to help children and provide activities that encourage development in the child’s physical, social, emotional and spiritual development.
The Lead Teacher will have overall responsibility for the class: organizing lesson plans, requesting supplies and implementing the Little Kids Rock policies during the work day as well as necessary communications with families.
The assistant will be responsible for helping the Lead teacher with the daily activities and interactions with the children, as well as preparing and cleaning up the classroom each work day.
-Have an appreciation of our program as a ministry of South Rock Christian Church, with an awareness of our commitment to Christ in serving children and their families.
-Have had experience in working with preschool or younger children.
-Demonstrate a basic love for children and families.
-The lead teacher must be at least 21 year of age and the assistant must be at least 18 years of age -Be currently certified or willing to be certified in CPR -Be in good health, able to bend, stoop lift and physically take care of children.
-Lead teachers must have attained a high school diploma and a high school diploma is preferred but not required for the assistants.
Lead Teachers Hours: Every Wednesday from 8:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Assistant Teacher Hours: Every Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Lead Teacher: $8.15 per hour Assistant: $7.75 per hour
Monthly Tuition Discount: For staff with children enrolled in LKR the tuition rate per month is $40 for one child and $30 for each additional child.